Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Story

1.) Too Perfect, because the society throughout the story seemed so generic, and perfect, that the serene environment obviously couldn't last for ever.
2.) I was truly dumbfounded as to what was going to happen to end the story. It was obviously going to be something bad, it had built up to be almost 'too' perfect to last, so something had to go wrong.
3.) Frustrated, I wanted to know the end of the story very badly, I began to speculate the end for myself, but I desperately wanted to open the envelope.
4.) Obviously the paper had the end of the story inside, so I desperately wanted to open it. But I managed to hold on and actually forgot about it till saturday... oops!
5.) As one of the non-black spot recievers, I think that it was a wonderful idea. The drawing from the black box made the entire group so tense that you could feel the stress, but when we pulled our paper, there was an instant sense of relief (if you didn't get the black dot!)
6.) I felt relieved when I read the end, it put my mind at ease when I discovered what happened, even if it wasn't a happy ending. The stress of not knowing the ending disappeared when I read the end because I finally knew what happened.
7.) I knew that something bad was going to happen at the end, but it was imposible (or highly improbable) that you could guess the exact ending, I think I did well in my prediction.
8.) I feel my prediction was very good, and the only way I would have known the ending was to read it.
9.) To draw the readers attention, and to make them more interested in the plot.
10.) a. 'Why didn't they put a title?' Without the title people have no clue as to what the story is going to be about. It's like when you receive an e-mail with not subject, you just have to open it, whereas if it had a subject, you have an inkling of what it is about, and you can ignore it if you choose to, no stress.
b. Makes you ask questions about the end of the story, or even makes you create your own ending to the story.
c. Keeps you hooked to see if your assumptions based on the foreshadowing were right.
d. Puts you into the story, makes you feel more involved.
e. Makes you more and more interested in what the end is going to be, and an instant relief when you finally got to read the ending.
f. I was very frustrated with the mystery piece of paper, not because I didn't know what was on it, but because I knew it was in my pocket for hours, just begging to get opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment