Thursday, April 1, 2010

Alchemist-Julius Ceasar Reflection

  • In what ways does your writing demonstrate appropriate ideas and content? Provide examples.
I feel that my work now demonstrates the appropriate ideas and content, because I now spend the time to look over my work, and to make sure it follows the rubric. I also try not to assume that the reader knows about the subject I'm writing on. I make sure to make my explanations are detailed and thorough so that the reader understands where I am coming from. My transitions to quotes in my alchemist was choppy, and didn't exacly show where I was coming from. But in my JC essay, I made sure the transition was smooth and that my ideas flowed and explained my thinking clearly.

In what ways could you improve your writing to better express your ideas and enhance content? Be specific.

I could still improve my writing, and make my message clearer by writing in a format that readers can understand. I still use run on sentences, and misuse some conventions which tends to confuse the reader. If I did improve, I believe my message would be more understood. In my Julius Ceasar essay, my writing was confusing at times, because of my lack of breathing space and run on ideas, such as: "He believes that Ceasar is unfit to hold the crown of Rome, and believes that he himself would be a better suitor, but instead of saying it, he enables Brutus by telling him he could wear the crown more confidently than Ceasar." I started with a good idea, but carried it too far in one sentence, confusing the reader.

In what ways does your writing demonstrate appropriate organization? Provide examples.

My organisation has much improved since my alchemist essay. I now create an obvious and easy to follow path of my ideas in my writing. I use to just write what I thought, and I would be forced to revisit ideas later in my writing, confusing the readers. Now I plan before I write so I don't have to backtrack to revisit important. My Julius Ceasar essay followed a progression of ideas that lead to one another.

In what ways can you improve your writing to demonstrate superior organization? Be specific.
I could improve my organisation by using conventions to my advantage, creating a more even flow of ideas, instead of drowning the reader with one sentence that contains too much information, and running out of things to say later. An example of this is in my JC essay

Do you note any improvement between your Alchemist essay and your Julius Caesar essay? Why or why not?
I've noticed vast changes in my writing, for the better. I received a much better result on my second essay than my fist. I felt confident in my work, especially my flow of ideas, that maintained the reader's attention.

I thought Creatively doing my essay, by creating not only an essay, but an enjoyable piece of writing that flows from point to point seamlessly. the only downfall of the piece was my conventions, which made my ideas run on, and sometimes lose the reader.


No comments:

Post a Comment